An average person spends around 53 minutes on the Instagram application, scrolling down thousands of posts uploaded by accounts they have followed and this is the number only of the average users yet.
There must be something this appealing on the Instagram site that keeps the users hooked to spend so much time on the application daily, what is it exactly? Instagram is a social networking site that mostly makes use of visual contents to attract users and due to the strong competition, a persuasive video content is extremely important.
Tips for the best videos
- First glance: On our slippery smart phone screens, it is easy to scroll through long lengths on Instagram instantly, most users may not even stop at a certain post to carefully examine it. Your video content needs to be short and precise and appealing at first glance, something as appealing that would make the users hold their impatient thumbs and read.
- Insert Text: Like mentioned earlier, it is highly unlikely users view your content before they scroll right over it, thus another tip to make your videos more appealing is add a huge text on the thumbnail, showing what exactly the video is about, similar to the caption but on the video to make it seem more enhanced and readable.
- Video to make sense: Instagram videos are not very lengthy, thus they need to provide efficient content in a limited amount of time. Your content of the video needs not only be short but should cover up exactly what you mean to portray, in the most precise way possible. Make sure your video makes sense and provides the users what they hoped they would see when they stopped for this video content.
- If they are ads, they should not look like one: There are numerous amounts of Instagram advertisements but since they look like advertisements, people tend to pass through it. If your videos are based upon advertisements, the very element of ads needs to be diminished for the customer to not scroll pass it. It can be something as natural as a simple girl applying a lipstick of the brand your ad concerns, users would actually stop to see how she does it and how does it look afterwards. Providing the link in the caption may eventually lead them to your brand.
- Increase Followers: Instagram is powered by millions of users and every minute a new user signs up. They love to engage with videos that contain useful content. You can follow multiple people and ask them to follow you back. This tip helps a lot. However some marketers also buy instagram followers cheap for getting instant results. It’s your choice to do work or buy them for fast results.
- Dimensions: unlike the other social networking sites, Instagram is something you cannot just post a video on of any dimension and expect it to be viewed efficiently, it does not allow its content to be zoomed in to be played. Thus the shot should be taken vertically. To be more precise, the most suitable video dimensions to be used on the site are 864 pixels (width) by 1080 pixels (height), along an aspect ratio of 4:5
- Quality: the last and not the least is to increase the quality of your content and the video itself. If the users have stopped by to view the video, they should be provided with they have been promised for. It also increases engagements.