If you want to buy Microsoft Office suite for your work or business, then you have a number of options. However, understanding the difference between the two most notable options can be a bit tricky. In this blog you will learn the difference between the two.
Office 365 is a subscription-based service by Microsoft which makes sure that the user is always updated with the latest tools. A number of MS Office 365 plans are available for individual use, small and medium-sized businesses, big enterprises, non-profits, and schools. All of the Office 365 plans come with Microsoft Office 2016. They include fully installed applications like Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Excel. Moreover, some additional features include extra online storage and free tech support. The user can pay the subscription amount for Office Setup 365 either monthly or yearly. You can share the Office 365 subscription with at most four family members if you have Office 365 Home plan.
The following is included in all Office 365 plans:
- Online MS Office versions (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- 1TB file storage and sharing per user (OneDrive)
- Sway presentation creation tool.
- 99% guaranteed uptime or full cash back.
- High-class data security
- Active Directory integration for the purpose of making user permissions.
Additional features offered in high-end Office 365 plans
The more expensive your Office 365 version is, the more and better features you will get.
- Full Office desktop versions (Word, Excel plus, PowerPoint, Publisher and OneNote) on maximum five computer systems per user.
- Office applications on mobile and tab which is compatible with almost all phone devices and tablets regardless of the operating system.
- Per user limit of 50GB of Outlook inbox space.
- SharePoint(Flexible and individually customizable intranet solution)
- Skype for business with an instant messenger which can be used on the phone, tab, or computer.
- Yammer. It is a corporate social network.
- Compliance Protection.
- Data Loss Prevention.
- Encrypted Email.
Microsoft Office 2016 is sold as a one-time purchase. Therefore, the user has to pay only one and single upfront cost. After making the single payment, the user will get Microsoft Office apps for a single computer device. This purchase of Office 2016 can be made for Windows computers and Macs. Three versions of Office 2016, i.e., Home, Office, and Student, are available. There is no upgrade option available which means that if the user wishes to upgrade the Office version to the next release, they will have to purchase it at full price.
Office 2016 is a part of Office 365
When you buy Office 365, you automatically get Microsoft Office 2016. If you want to access programs like Publisher and SharePoint, Office 365 would be ideal for you. Unlike Office 365 which is a subscription service, Office 2016 does not provide access to new features. Moreover, if you need to access your Office documents from multiple devices, then you should get Office 365.
If you have purchased Microsoft Office 365 or Microsoft Office 2016 product key, then visit this link www.office.com/setup for activation.