Twitter has emerged as an awesome tool for discussion and interaction with others on different topics. Sometimes users are also involved in discussing those topics which are irrelevant to talk about. These impertinent topics can be movies for someone and games for someone and news for some others. In that situation, you can mute or block certain hashtags and keywords and disable the Twitter from showing those tweets which have no essence for users. In this direction, Twitter, fortunately, offers the method to mute the particular content so that you can operate it perpetually.
Here is the way to avoid the spoilers on Twitter, if working on the desktop:
1. Sign-in the Twitter account. When you log into the Twitter, then you should visit the News Feed in your account.
2. On the top-right of the page, you will get your Twitter profile photo beside the “Tweet” option. Now, Press the profile photo.
3. After pulling-down, you will get the button of “Security and privacy”. Hit on that button.
4. Now, you will get the sidebar to the left-hand side. Here, you will get the button for “Muted words” just below the section of “muted accounts ” and just above the section of “blocked accounts”.
5. If the content is not muted before on your Twitter account, then you will get a button of “Add” with the colour of blue. And in case, you have muted the content before then you will get those blocked content. In both cases, you have to press that “Add” option to mute the certain hashtags and keywords.
6. After pressing the Add option, the background will be dull. You will encounter the pop-up that will allow you “add the muted word”. You can insert those keywords and hashtags in the dialogue box placed next to the Add option.
7. Before pressing the Add option, look at the button within the dialogue box saying “Mute from” and “For how long?”. You can use it to conceal the particular keywords and hashtags from your Twitter timeline or notification. You can also determine the content what should be blocked or not.
8. When you press the “Add” option, you will find the muted hashtags within the page of Muted Word. At the side of the blocked words, you can edit your settings or unmute the contents.
Here is the method to get rid of the spoilers on Twitter, if working on mobile:
1. Sign-in to your Twitter account. After opening it, you go to the News Feed in your account.
2. On the top-left hand side of the screen, you will get your profile then press it.
3. Here, you will find the button of “Settings and privacy” and press that button.
4. For finding the muted words button, you will have to hit on the option of “Privacy and safety”.
5. You will get the congested menu of “Privacy and safety” on Twitter. Now, swipe down to the “Safety” section. You will get the button of “Muted”.
6. Two buttons will be available there namely “Muted accounts” and “Muted words” and now select the latter one.
7. On top of this screen, you will find all your muted words. On the bottom-right side of this screen, you can click on the “Add” button to include more muted words there. 8. Now, you can input your muted hashtags to block them and with time duration. If you have done then select “Save” placed on the top-right and you will find the blocked hashtags there.
Robert Coleman is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Robert has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.