Microsoft’s Xbox One now supports Amazon Echo devices. This way, users can completely control their gaming console as well as the linked television using the HDMI port and infrared blaster of the Xbox. In this blog, we will discuss the process to use Echo speakers with Microsoft’s Xbox One.
- Firstly, you need to ensure that the Amazon Echo device is wholly and correctly set up and configured.
- After that, check that the Xbox One is wholly and correctly set up and configured.
- Make sure that the devices are connected to the same wireless network.
- Hit the Home key present in the controller in order to launch the guide.
- Now, move rightwards to the Settings list.
- In the Settings list, browse downwards to the Kinect and Devices section.
- Choose Digital assistants from the list of options.
- Log in when you receive the prompt.
- After that, check the Enable digital assistants option to make sure that you are capable of connecting to the Echo device.
- Launch the browsing program.
- Navigate to alexa.amazon.com.
- Log in to your linked Amazon account.
- Go to the left pane and choose Skills.
- Look for Xbox to locate the official Xbox skill.
- Choose the Xbox skill given in the list.
- Now, hit the Enable button.
- You will be prompted to log in using the Microsoft account that is being used on the Xbox One.
- Alexa shall inquire about the devices and assistants you wish to connect.
- After choosing the devices and assistants, click on Done.
- Now, you will be able to give voice commands to Alexa from your Echo device to control your controller.
With the help of Amazon Echo, one can use a number of commands that work via Cortana and Kinect. Users just have to ask the digital assistant to begin a game, and then the Xbox One will get powered on, the user account will get logged in, and the game shall open. Users can achieve all of this with just a single command.
This skill can be used for adjusting the volume, opening games and applications, playing or pausing broadcasts on Mixer, taking screengrabs, and a lot more. This feature is available solely for the residents of the USA and the UK. Users living in the two countries can give standard commands, smart home commands, as well as video skill commands.