By default, Windows saves the last copied or cut item in a temporary location that is called Clipboard memory, until when you have restart or log off your computer system. If you have the copy or cut an item, then the earlier automatically replaced with the new one. To block Clipboard Data Theft, you need to clear all of the Clipboard histories as per security purpose.
If you are trying to clear your Clipboard memory with a simple way then first you need to create a desktop shortcut on your computer system, or you can add a folder or file to your desktop by right click on the context menu. In the article, we are providing a simple way to clear your Clipboard memory from your PC quickly.
Steps to clear Clipboard by using a shortcut:-
Please don’t skip any step to save your time and efforts.
- To start this process, right-click on your computer desktop first.
- Then select the New > Shortcut.
- A location box will open, type the given command:-%windir%\System32\cmd /c echo off | clip.
- Click on the Next and name the shortcut like- Clear Clipboard and then click on Finish.
Alongside, you can also right-click on this new shortcut and select the Properties option.
If you sue the below given 3 step, if you want:-
- Type it a suitable new icon using the Change icon button.
- Create the windows Run Minimized.
- Provide it a keyboard shortcut key.
How to clear Clipboard Memory using Command Prompt?
- In this method, open the open CMD.exe.
- Then enter the given command: echo off | clip
- It will clear your Clipboard history easily.
How to Add Clipboard to Context Menu?
- To add clear clipboard to the context menu, open the Registry Editor and move to given path:-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\.
- Go to the left pane and right-click on Shell.
- Select the New > Key, and name it Clear Clipboard.
- Right-click on the newly created Clear Clipboard key and then select the New > Key and name it Command.
- Now go to the right pane and double-click on Default.
- Select the MOdify option and then go to the Value Data box and type the following Value Data:- cmd.exe /c echo off | clip
- Click on the OK, and press F5 key to refresh the registry.
- Then close it.
- After that, you will see the Clear Clipboard visible on the desktop context menu.
- You can use it to remove all the history of Clipboard.
The Windows Clipboard Manager is a basic tool across the user, and it is not providing many features .but if you want you can get the many free Clipboard alternatives from the internet such as- ArchiveClipboard, Enhanced Clipboard Manager, CopyCat, Clipboardic, Orange Note, Ditto, Clipboard Magic, etc.