Amazon’s Echo devices deserve praise, respect, and admiration. They can complete plentitudes of tasks, from reading books to setting reminders, placing calls to giving weather updates. Alexa can be activated with just one command. Moreover, integrating phones with Echo devices is extremely easy. If you want to connect your iPhone or iPad to your Echo speakers, then you should read on.
How to Control Alexa from iOS devices
- Firstly, you need to go to the Apple App Store and search for the Amazon app.
- Download the Amazon shopping app and wait for it to get installed.
- Open the app and log in to your Amazon account.
- Find the microphone option located at the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap on the microphone option.
- You will now receive a prompt asking you to try Alexa.
- Just follow the guidelines given on the screen and hit the Continue button.
- Keep following the prompts on the screen until you can see the Tap to Speak option located at the lower corner of the screen.
- You might receive a prompt telling you that the Amazon application is requesting to access your device’s mic.
- Hit the OK option to grant app permission.
- When the display turns dimmer, and you notice a pulsating blue light at the lower portion of the device’s screen, Alexa will be available to receive commands and perform tasks.
- So now you can start telling Alexa what you want her to do.
By using Alexa within the Amazon application on your iPhone, you can do all that you could do with Echo speakers. Here are a few commands you can give:
- Turn on the bathroom lights
- Play songs by Led Zeppelin
- Reorder instant coffee
- Read ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’
- What are the weather updates?
- What are the traffic updates?
Robert Coleman is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Robert has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.