If you have a Facebook mobile application with location settings turned on, then over time, your location history is going to be stored automatically by the app. If you want to stop Facebook from sharing your location history and delete this location history from Facebook, this blog will show you how you can do this by just following some steps.
Stop Facebook From Saving Your Location History
On Facebook, you must like the Check-in and Friends nearby feature. Also, you don’t mind sharing some of your personal data with Facebook in exchange for those features that are mentioned right above. However, you can leave location tracking on, or you can also set it to “Only While Using the App” and disable the part of history saving. This is where data discoverers tend to acquire the most useful information from you. If you want to stop Facebook from saving your location history, this article will be helpful to you, just follow the easy steps given below:
- Launch The Facebook App on your iPhone or iPad
- Then go to the “More” tab. You will find it in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now you need to scroll little down and tap on the Setting option.
- From Settings, choose Account Settings.
- Then tap on the Location option.
- From here you have to turn the “Location History” switch off.
- This process will stop Facebook to from saving your location histories.
Delete Your Location History From Facebook
If the Location History has ever been turned on, on your iPhone, it must have stored a lot of your location histories on Facebook. Even after turning the Location History switch off, the Locations such as Check-ins you have shared with It so far stays stored on Facebook. Thus, you can delete your location history so that it will no longer be able to be stored with Facebook. To do so, follow these easy steps given below:
- Firstly, launch the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the More tab in the bottom right corner of your device’s screen.
- Then you have to scroll little down and click on the Settings.
- Then you need to click Activity Log.
- Here you need to click Filter.
- Now click Location History.
- And then click on the Confirm button.
That’s it. This simple process will delete all of your stored location histories. If you decide that you will keep location tracking on in any capacity, then you are more likely to want to do this removal every once in a while.
Thank you for reading my article. I hope this information is going to help you be aware of your Facebook Location Histories.
Robert Coleman is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.