No doubt Windows 10 comes with advanced apps and software for the user’s comfort. Amongst all of them, one is OneDrive. If you want to add the latest version of OneDrive on your Windows 10 computer system, then it is possible that you have got a common error on your computer screen that is –“A newer version of OneDrive is installed; You need to uninstall it first before installing this version.” But you no need to worry about it because it is no0t so tricky issue. In this post, we will discuss what the mean of this issue is and how we can fix this problem efficiently?
If you are using the Windows 10, then OneDrive is already installed as a pre-installed app on your windows computer system. Microsoft has provided the Store edition of OneDrive in Windows 10 to make more comfort and use.
Although, if you are getting any issue while synchronizing the OneDrive, and you are trying to reinstall the OneDrive app on your Windows 10 computer system, then you can face an error as we have mentioned earlier. It will be annoying you from installing the newer version of OneDrive app on your computer system.
Steps to get a newer version of OneDrive are installed:-
- To get rid an immediate with this issue and install an executable file of OneDrive then first you need to uninstall the preinstalled version of OneDrive app from your computer system.
- So let’s start the Uninstallation of OneDrive from Windows Settings
- Then open the Windows Settings on your Windows 10 machine.
- After that, you need to press the Win + I keys both together to do that.
- Then move to the Apps > Apps & features section.
- You will get the Microsoft OneDrive is placed at the right-hand side.
- Now, you should click on the Uninstall button twice to confirm your OneDrive app.
- Now, you have done all of the steps.
- This process will take few to finish the uninstallation process correctly.
How to Uninstall OneDrive using Windows PowerShell?
- To do this, you need to open the Windows PowerShell tool with administrator privilege and then run the below-given command: Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers
- Then, you need to search the PackageFullName of Microsoft OneDrive.
- In Windows PowerShell, you need to find it like Microsoft SkyDrive.
- On that place, you need to enter the below-mentioned command: remove-AppxPackage PackageFullName
- Then replace the PackageFullName with the Microsoft OneDrive original package name which you have copied from Windows PowerShell.
After completing the installation process, you will be able to download the latest version of OneDrive app and use the executable file without any issue on your computer system. If you do not want to get the executable file and want a simpler option, then you can open the Microsoft Store and download then OneDrive app from there directly.
We hope that the given simple process will help you to install the newer version of Microsoft OneDrive app on your computer system.